The recent replacement of the Dal Rae’s historic neon with backlit plastic – aside from being extremely ugly – is tragic and terribly misguided.Most likely the owners felt that it was too expensive to continue maintaining the original neon. But a key element of the Dal Rae experience has always been the warm, welcoming neon signage that defined the restaurant as an authentic midcentury landmark.Perhaps most Dal Rae regulars aren’t upset by the change, but for those of us who have grown attached to the restaurant’s 1950s-era grandeur, this is a sad day, indeed.
- SOLD OUT. Moruzzi’s Out-of-Print “Classic Dining” I didn’t expect such an overwhelming and rapid response. Thanks everyone for your enthusiasm and sorry that I didn’t have more copies.
- Moruzzi’s Out-of-Print “Classic Dining” for sale at $30 cover price
- Book Launch / Slide Talk for Pete Moruzzi’s “Greetings from Las Vegas” at Wacko September 7th
- 1964 Rotating 3-Sided Vegas Spectacular
- Great Article About Googie Coffee Shop Designer Helen Fong (Click on Photo)
- Back Cover for “Greetings from Las Vegas”
- “Greetings from Las Vegas” Out Soon!
- L.A.’s Backyard Oil Well Fever!