By clicking on “Classic Dining Map of America” in my blog’s main menu (above) you will be directed to a Google map containing over 200 classic restaurants found in the appendix of my new book “Classic Dining: Discovering America’s Finest Mid-Century Restaurants.” It is perhaps the most comprehensive nationwide guide to traditional high-end and historic dining yet compiled. It was a herculean task (thanks especially to restaurant historian Chris Nichols). Take a look.
Coming August 2017
- Moving a 10,000 Ton Building in 1920s Los Angeles
- Melvyn’s Restaurant hits Los Angeles Times front page!
- A Eulogy for the Four Seasons Restaurant
- Fine Dining at 30,000 Feet
- Palm Springs Architect Donald Wexler Honored in New York Times and Los Angeles Times Obituaries
- Habana Hilton – Pawn in Castro’s Battle Against America in 1959
- “Palm Springs Holiday” Inspires Fashion Line
- Pete’s New “Havana Before Castro” Website and Tour Maps